Welcome New SETS Users!
Merge is pleased to welcome the Los Angeles-based nonprofit Create Now as the newest SETS user. Create Now serves many of the most challenged young people in their city by giving them arts mentoring experiences that bring joy to their lives.The program is using SETS to track students and classes and provide funders with evidence of the positive changes students are able to make thanks to their program. Welcome Create Now!
At Mighty Writers, we are always looking for better ways to evaluate impact. Beyond testimonials and observation, it can be hard to measure improvements in self-esteem and academic achievement in out-of-school programs.
SETS immediately jumped out as a tool that could help us quantify impact — and keep us organized.
SETS has been especially useful for us because we were able to tailor it to our specific needs, and it enables us to directly involve our constituents in the evaluation process through surveys and check-ins.
Best of all, the team behind SETS is exceptionally responsive.
— Maggie Leyman,
SETS is "World-to-Systems" instead of "Systems-to-World". It's a refreshing change from typical evaluation tools.
— IT Professional
SETS helped me break cycles of repeating ineffective techniques.
Once I started tracking my students' learning curves and the triggers that led to counterproductive behavior, I worked smarter.
My classes began to run more smoothly because I was more in tune with the students’ needs, so more material was being covered and retained.
SETS evaluation made my life easier and made me a better teacher.
— Dawn Smelser, Dance Teacher, Philadelphia
I am enjoying SETS!
— Victoria Guidi, Program Director, Philadelphia Wooden Boat Factory
SETS is a very straightforward program.
As we grow from a small grassroots program, we see the need to formalize our evaluation processes. We see SETS as being a great tool for us as we move forward.
Also, I love keeping all of the teacher information and data in the same place as student information – so we’re tracking teachers while we track students.
— Veronica Jenkins, Administrative Manager, Chester County Family Academy, West Chester, PA (charter school)
SETS is a comprehensive and unique assessment software to assist organizations in tracking both qualitative and quantitative data, and that was exactly what we needed!
It only takes a few hours after using the tool to understand how it works and how to use it most effectively.
In addition, the support and extra help you receive from the SETS team is incredible. They are always there for you and are more than happy to help you through any confusion or technology problems, and provide suggestions in how to best use SETS with your specific organization.
SETS is an easy, accurate, and effective way to measure progress.
Laura Corbett, Intern/
If you work with challenged students, you need comprehensive yet easy-to-use assessment and reporting. SETS: Student Evaluation & Tracking System gives you all the tools you need in one integrated platform while it simplifies program management.
SETS has actually made my job easier! It has changed my perception of evaluation tools, as I believe it will for any organization that uses it. Thomasina Winslow, Fine Arts Program Director, St. Anne Institute, Albany, NY and Delta Blues musician
SETS was developed after decades of serving challenged students in after-school, special education / alternative schools, and mental health environments. SETS will help you:
SETS' assessment scales help teachers and mentors implement best practices.
Reaching and teaching at risk youth requires effective approaches that can take years to develop. SETS delivers with the student-centered approach found in Bill Rossi's Venturing Together: Empowering Students to Succeed. SETS empowers teachers and mentors to:
- Gain new perspectives and develop new strategies
- Learn to write concise, achievable goals, student profiles, and progress reports
- Discover how students learn to empower them to become self-directed learners
- Present material in a relevant way
- Promote and facilitate students' strengths and learning capacities
- Support and develop students’ limitations
- Identify students' responses to their strengths
- Find and promote ways students can best relate to curriculum
- Assess core learning elements to promote personal understanding in students
SETS helped me break cycles of repeating ineffective techniques. Once I started tracking my students' learning curves and the triggers that led to counterproductive behavior, I worked smarter.
My classes began to run more smoothly because I was more in tune with the students’ needs, so more material was being covered and retained. SETS evaluation made my life easier and made me a better teacher. — Dawn Smelser, Dance Teacher, Philadelphia
- Efficiently record and report on quantitative and qualitative student outcomes including progress reports and goals – all in one place
- Track toutcomes with three quantitative scales: Self-Esteem, Assessment by Others, and Teacher Assessment
- Just Released! At user request, SETS now gives you the power to build your own scales to track progress in specific subjects, activities, or grades.
Watch this fun 2-minute video to see how SETS will simplify student assessment:
SETS' teacher assessment scale helps you pinpoint staff strengths and weaknesses.
Read about Teacher, Mentor, and Staff Assessment (more)
Teacher, Mentor, and Staff Assessment:
Teacher, mentor, and staff performance is a key ingredient for student success. Evaluate teachers and mentors through quantitative and qualitative measurement of their:
- Understanding and use of your curriculum
- Implementation of your program's approach
- Communication and responsiveness to students and parents
- Ability and willingness to grasp and incorporate new ideas and approaches and apply to teaching
- Commitment to the program
If you run an independent program, fundingcan be an issue. With SETS you will easily:
- Demonstrate efficient use of resources
- Quantify student outcomes including gains in learning ability and behavior
- Provide Human Services and Mental Health providers with the information they need, in formats familiar to them
- Demonstrate your commitment to program integrity and quality
Finding it challenging to keep your program organized? Want to simplify program management all in one place? SETS does that too:
- Easily access information across programs, at your fingertips
- Communicate with staff, clients, and their significant others
- Save time with quick attendance entry
- Manage all contacts from a single database, eliminating the need for multiple lists
- Efficiently track and manage program details including class rosters, demographics, relevant background information, and activities
- Compare progress of individuals, groups, and populations - contrast with control groups, if desired
- Highlight problem areas and causes
- Determine the most efficient use of resources and control costs
Watch this light hearted 2-minute video to see why SETS will simplify your job and improve effectiveness:
SETS: Affordable, Easy to Use Software
SETS is affordable because it's PC-based - housed on your computer, so you don't pay ongoing monthly and yearly fees. It's priced at only $795 and comes with a full 30-day money-back-guarantee.
It's easy to learn, too. Simple quick-start user manuals and video tutorials with “sandbox” database ensure fast, painless learning (most users require less than 60 minutes of self-training to be up and going):
- An intuitive menu system provides easy input
- User security features ensure privacy and confidentiality
- Comprehensive reports are produced with the click of a button
- No unnecessary bells and whistles to complicate your job
Best of all, the team behind SETS is exceptionally responsive. — Maggie Leyman, Director of Development, Mighty Writers, Philadelphia
SETS now gives you the option to build your own scales for grades and specific subjects or skills and is priced at just $795. SETS comes with a full 30-day money-back-guarantee.
If You Serve At Risk Students, SETS Was Made for You.
Need a little more information? Take our free no-pressure tour, read the FAQ, or learn more about Merge to discover how easy to use SETS really is. Then, just get started with SETS – it's that simple!